Friday, December 21, 2012

Mari Carr ~ "Fix You"

Fix You (Second Chances, #1)
Photobucket

*sigh*



Dear friends, this is what happened...
Photobucket

It's a story about Robbie and Zoey. About twenty five years of friendship. About love. Fear. Happiness. Life. About (most wonderful) second chances. About all the ways there are to fix each other. And promises. A lot of promises.

"Will you promise to be my friend when school starts?"
"Promise you won’t let me fail Algebra."
"Promise you’ll tell me if I have food in my teeth."
"Promise when you’re a famous musician, you’ll write a song for me."
"Promise you’ll always be my friend, no matter where we go or who we grow up to be."

Photobucket

“Life moves fast, things change. Sometimes I think our only job on this planet is to hold on so we don’t get thrown off the ride.”

For such a short read, it's packed with emotions, sex, memories, dreams, tears, laughter, joy...
I only wish it were longer. I wanted to stay there, in the world of Zoey and Robbie, play those songs and smile.
Fix You is such a wonderful, wonderful surprise.

Read it, you guys!



2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I was (for some reason) sure it wasn't, but yes... around 150 pages. It's lovely, though, in all its shortness! :)

      Delete

We love comments! Feel free to share your thoughts with us... anytime! :)